Our calling is to raise awareness of and challenge issues of injustice and poverty.
As Christians we have a responsibility of care for our fellow human beings and our environment, and to show compassion to those less fortunate than ourselves whether in our local community or on the other side of the world. Our contribution may be small but, whether it be through prayer, financial giving, or direct action, we truly believe that with God's love anything is possible.
The work undertaken by our original One World Group which was taken over by our Social Justice Team in 2015, is now being overseen by the Local & Global Team which was formed in September 2019.
Amongst many other things we:
- support Wharfedale Refugee Response and Bradford Action for Refugees;
- have held family film afternoons to raise funds for BBC Children in Need, Comic Relief and Sport Relief;
- have organised toilet twinning to raise awareness of the desperate need for hygiene and health education in Cambodia;
- collect tinned and dried goods and toiletries for the St Vincent's Centre in east Leeds which supports individuals and families in situations of great need, as well as Otley and Ilkley Food Banks; and
- have achieved Bronze Eco Church status.
- support Climate Action Menston and have made the following environmental pledges to:
- reduce plastic waste & recycle whenever possible
- use eco cleaning products
- conserve energy
- make the garden area more wildlife friendly
- gain Eco Church Silver Award